Saturday, February 7, 2009

Draaaag

Caitlin has provided the West Coast perspective. Time for notes from the East.

I'm psyched to have crossed paths with Caitlin! It's great to have some friendly competition on a weekend like this, where I am absolutely beat to a soft pile of mush from the past week in the cube. And I'm not going to be in the cube forever. My 40th birthday is 09/12/12. My goal, now posted in the town square of the world for posterity, is to make that day the first day of the rest of my life as a self-sufficient FLCW. I therefore don't have time to be tired. It's on! I'm going for it.

So today it's finishing work for next week for my current client, then it's prospecting for new clients. Each weekend I pick a city, google 100 graphic designers, and send out a pitch e-mail on Sunday night, so it lands in the prospective client's inbox first thing Monday morning. Our mutual leader Peter Bowerman has approved of this method, and I'm approving of the results I've gotten thus far. I think I shall continue.

See, because I don't have a choice. This is what I want. This is what I have to do to get there. And I'm cool with that.

Back to work...
bw

No comments:

Post a Comment